Summary to the journal
Requirements to registration
Manuscript formatting rules
Scientific and Technical Journal
ELECTROTECHNIC AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS
ISSN Print 2221-3937
ISSN Online 2221-3805
Automated electromechanical systems
Electric machines and semiconductor converters
General Electrical Engineering
Power Saving by means of the Modern Electrical Engineering
Information Science and Computer Technics
Artificial Intellect Systems
Computer Systems, Networks and their Components
Information systems and technologies
Protection of an information in computer systems
Automation of control processes
Design, Control and Diagnostics
Metrology, Standardization and Certification
Simulation of dynamic systems
Innovation in the educational process
Innovations in Education, Science and Industry
Project and Program Control
The information, messages
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR REMOTE MOTOR REHABILITATION
The information technology (IT) for remote motor rehabilitation of patients has been developed. The technology is based on a quantitative comparison of kinematic parameters for the doctor- instructor's movement and patient's one coming from the web-cameras. The training and repeatable video streams are subjected to intra and inter-frame processing. Such procedures as image background subtraction, figure binarization , skeletonization and specific points of the figure searching are executed in the process of intra-frame processing. Coordinate vector of characteristic points of the figure comes to inter-frame processing. When inter-frame processing The matrix of the human body motion kinematic parameters: the trajectories , the tangential velocities and accelerations of characteristic points is constructed . The measures of the difference are calculated to quantify the differences in training and repetitive movements. The Chebyshev's difference measure is calculated for the coordinates of feature points and the cosine measure is calculated for tangential velocities and accelerations. If the difference between these measures do not exceed the thresholds established experimentally, the movement is considered as right if the difference between these measures do not exceed the experimentally established thresholds . Otherwise the instructions for correction of patient movements are automatically generated and transmitted to one. IT is focused on the use of economical computers with free software for availability of a wide range of consumers. IT is implemented practically in a client-server architecture. Since the resource-intensive operations are performed for the video stream processing it is organized in powerful remote server. IT is implemented as a remote system prototype motor rehabilitation. Prototype testing has shown the correctness of the basic principles of the IT. The system provides the right corrective recommendations in real-time. Prospects for further research is to improve the IT opportunities for multi-user access to the system with a variety of devices - tablets, phablet, phones.
Huy Cuong Nguyen
information technology, motor rehabilitation, video stream processing, real-time, client-server architecture
1. Nazarenko G.I., Guliev Ya.I., and Erma-kov D.E. Meditsinskie informatsionnyie siste-myi: teoriya i praktika [Medical Information Systems: Theory and Practice], (2005), Mos-cow, Russian Federation, Fizmatlit Publ., 320 p. (In Russian).
2. Kobrinskiy B.A., and Zarubina T.V. Meditsinskaya informatika [Medical Informat-ics], (2009), Moscow, Russian Federation, Akademiya Publ., 320 p. (In Russian).
3. Rahman S.A., Shaheen Afaf A., (2011), Virtual Reality use in Motor Rehabilitation of Neurological Disorders: A Systematic Review, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 7, No. 1, рр. 63 – 70.
4. Maureen K. Holden Virtual Environ-ments for Motor Rehabilitation: Review, (2005), Cyberpsychology & Behavior, Vol. 8 (5), pp. 187 – 211.
5. Chang Y.-J., Chen S.-F., and Huang J.-D., (2011), A Kinect-based System for Physical Rehabilitation: A pilot Study for Young Adults with Motor Disabilities Research in Develop-mental Disabilities, Vol. 32 (6), pp. 2566 –2570.
6. Kurakin A., and Zhang Z. Liu, (2012), A real Time System for Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition with a Depth Sensor, EUSIPCO-2012: Proceedings of the 20th European Signal Processing Conference, pp. 1975 – 1979.
7. Pawlik P., and Bublinski Z., (2012), Vis-ual Surveillance for Movement Rehabilitation [Text], Image Processing & Communication, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 173 – 178.
8. Metsis V., Jangyodsuk Pat, Athitsos V., Maura Iversen, and Makedon F., (2013), Com-puter Aided Rehabilitation for Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis [Text], International Con-ference on Computing, Networking and Com-munications (ICNC), San Diego, CA, pp. 97 –102.
9. Boltenkov V.A., and Nguen Gui Kiong. Dvumernaya proektivnaya model dvizheniya te-la cheloveka i ee primenenie v zadachah tele-meditsinyi [Two-Dimensional Projective Model of the Motion of the Human Body and its Ap-plication to Telemedicine], (2014), Informatika i Matematicheskie Metodyi v Modelirovanii, Odessa, Ukraine, Vol. 4 (4), pp. 312 – 323 (In Russian).
10. Boltenkov V.A., Nguen Gui Kiong, and Malyavin D.V. Analiz algoritmov skeletizatsii binarnyih izobrazheniy [Analysis of Skeletoni-zation Algorithms for Binary Images], (2015), Elektrotehnicheskie i Kompyuternyie Sistemy, Odessa, Ukraine, No. 17 (93), pp. 102 – 109 (In Russian).
11. Zhang T.Y., and Suen C.Y., (1984), A Fast Parallel Algorithm for Thinning Digital Patterns, Communications of ACM, Vol. 27( 3), pp. 236 –39.
12. Nhuen Hui Kiong, Boltenkov V.O., and Malyavin D.V. Printsipi pobudovi kom-p'yuternih sistem distantsiynogo trenu-vannya na osnovi analizu videopotoku [Principles of Computer Systems for Remote Training by Analyzing the Video Stream], (2014), Vos-tochno-Evropeyskiy Zhurnal Peredovyih Tehnologiy, Kharkov, Ukraine, Vol. 5/2 (71), pp. 25 – 33 (In Ukrainian).
№ 18(94), 2015
15 May 2017
Про науково-технічну конференцію «Електротехнічні та комп’ютерні системи: теорія і практика»
12 May 2017
КОЛОНКА ГОЛОВНОГО РЕДАКТОРА
14 Nov 2016
New rules for registration of articles in the journal
KarelWintersky ] [
[ © Odessa National Polytechnic University, 2014. Any use of information from the site is possible only under the condition that the source link! ]